Regulation D will restrict you to six transactions from your savings account per calendar month based upon the type of transaction requested and method used to request them. Here is a list of the different types of transactions that are affected by Reg D.
Transactions limited to a total of 6 withdrawals or transfers per month:
- Online banking and mobile banking transfers between your accounts,
- Automatic transfers, including those for overdraft protection,
- Transfer made over the phone,
- Any pre-authorized automatic withdrawal,
- Any checks to a third party from your savings
What happens if I exceed my limit of 6 transactions for the month? We may reject your transaction and be forced to close your account.
How can I stay within my limit? If you need to perform more than 6 withdrawals or transfer, consider opening a free Share Draft account. Upon approval, your first 50 checks are free. The are no monthly maintenance fees and you can also apply for our NO SURCHARGE ATM/DEBIT card. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns on Reg D.